Your Name, You. (2009). "Paper Title Number 1." Journal 1. 1(1).
- B.S. in Neuroscience, Michigan State University, 2019
- B.A. in Music (Cello), Michigan State University, 2019
- Ph.D in Neuroscience, University of Michigan, expected 2024
March 2018 - May 2019: Laboratory Manager, Timing, Attention, and Perception Laboratory (East Lansing, Michigan)
- Trained new lab members on research protocols, data analysis, and IRB adherence. Met individually with lab members regularly to facilitate learning of new skills and protocols.
- Maintained software on lab computers, electronic files, and participant files. Ordered new supplies for the lab when needed and worked with tech department to optimize technology for active projects.
- Oversaw research assistant schedules and coordinated running participants in the lab across multiple projects.
- Wrote data analysis protocols using Excel, SPSS, and MATLAB for multiple projects and trained lab members on these protocols.
August 2016 - March 2018: Research Assistant, Timing, Attention, and Perception Laboratory (East Lansing, Michigan)
- Developed hypotheses and helped to designed experiments in topics related to perceptual grouping, rhythm, melodic tempo determination, and speech in noise perception
- Collaborated with team members to improve experiments, troubleshoot problems, and develop procedures for data collection and analysis.
- Analyzed, interpreted, and visualized data using Excel and SPSS software.
Leadership & Teaching
August 2018 - May 2019: Learning Assistant, Lyman Briggs College (East Lansing, Michigan)
- Co-taught two introductory chemistry lab for students in the Lyman Briggs College with another undergraduate learning assistant.
- Facilitated laboratory skills for students, answered questions about experiments, and developed critical thinking skills through the writing of laboratory reports.
- Assisted students by holding weekly office hours to answer questions and explain experiments.
August 2016 - May 2019: Resident Assistant, Michigan State University (East Lansing, Michigan)
- Supported fifty residents in their transition into college and during the school year both academically and socially in order to ensure their success and well-being.
- Developed floor events each semester to educate and engage residents in order to create a more diverse and accepting community.
- Managed conflicts between residents, particularly roommates, and encouraged compromises to maintain a positive living environment.
Girls Who Code Mentor, Department of Computational Medicine & Bioinformatics (Ann Arbor, Michigan) August 2019 - Present
- Taught weekly programming lessons in Python to high school women in the Ann Arbor area.
- Mentored a team of two girls on an independent capstone programming project, culminating in a final presentation.
BrainsRule! Education Committee, Neuroscience Graduate Program (Ann Arbor, Michigan) October 2019 - Present
- Helped to develop a curriculum of neuroscience topics for a one day event for underpriviledged middle schoolers in the Ann Arbor area
- Facilitated an event booth on the day of the event and worked to engage students in daily activities
Your Name, You. (2010). "Paper Title Number 2." Journal 1. 1(2).
Your Name, You. (2015). "Paper Title Number 3." Journal 1. 1(3).
Talk at UC San Francisco, Department of Testing, San Francisco, California
Tutorial at UC-Berkeley Institute for Testing Science, Berkeley CA, USA
Talk at London School of Testing, London, UK
Conference proceedings talk at Testing Institute of America 2014 Annual Conference, Los Angeles, CA